Last updated November 2022
Float Tech LLC and its affiliates and subsidiaries, meaning companies related by common ownership or control (collectively, “Float Tech LLC”, “we”, ”us”, “our”) respect your (the “user,” “you” or “your”) right to privacy and strive to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information. This Privacy Statement describes in greater detail our privacy practices for collecting and maintaining certain information collected about you. This Privacy Statement applies to all versions of the Apps known as Background Eraser (whether operating on iOS, Mac, Android or other platform), websites, products and related services.
1. Application of this Privacy Statement
2. Information We Collect
We generally do not collect Personally Identifiable Information from you. We may collect some limited information from you through the following channels:
- The best way to keep information private is to never ask for it at all. Background Eraser is designed so there is no identifiable information to protect in the first place:
- No user accounts or registration.
- We never ask for your name or email.
- App is completely functional without an internet connection
- Photos are chosen without giving the app access to your photo library using Apple’s PHPicker privacy feature
- We use Firebase to collect statistics on how users use Background Eraser, contact technical support, and similar. This is aggregate user data and is not affiliated with any particular user.
- We use Firebase to collect statistics on where users are located, by country. This is aggregate user data and is not affiliated with any particular user.
- Float Tech LLC or its employees cannot view your photos or photo library at any time.
As indicated above, we may from time to time collect automatically-collected information when you access our services (“Usage Data”), such as browser information, link interaction with our products, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and any other usage information collected from cookies and other tracking tools. We may also, when you enable location-based services, collect Global Positioning System (GPS) location data and/or motion data. This information is not stored permanently and not linked to your identity.
3. Information Disclosure
We limit any sharing of information we have collected about you to certain narrow purposes. Your information may be shared for the following reasons only:
TO COMPLY WITH LAWS OR TO PROTECT RIGHTS OF USERS
If we believe the release of information about you is necessary to respond to a legal process, to investigate or remedy potential violations of our policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of others, we may share your information as permitted or required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation. This includes exchanging information with other entities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
TO ASSIST THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
We may share your information with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including payment processing, data analysis, e-mail delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing assistance.
TO PERFORM ANALYSIS AND MARKETING STRATEGIES WITH OTHER THIRD PARTIES
We may share your information with advertisers and investors for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. We may also share your information with such third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
TO TRANSFER ASSETS IN THE EVENT OF SALE OR BANKRUPTCY
4. Our Stance on Contact with You
We do not have your contact information, and the app does not use push notifications. We don’t contact you, except in the case of replying to you if you contact support.
5. How We Keep Your Personal Information Safe
We use administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information. While we have taken reasonable steps to secure the information you provide to us, please be aware that despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any and all interceptions or other type of misuses. Any information disclosed is potentially vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. Therefore, we cannot guarantee complete security if you provide us your information.
6. Policy Regarding Children
We do not knowingly solicit information from children under the age of 18 unless the children have been granted permission by their parents to use our Apps. If you become aware of any data that we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
For questions or concerns relating to privacy, we can be contacted by e-mail at email@example.com